Friday, July 8, 2016

Thursday Movie Picks: Movies Set in a Single Location





Decided I'd start doing a movie challenge to give you guys an idea of what films I like, as well as film suggestions. The theme for Thursday Movie Picks by Wandering Through the Shelves this week is films set in a single location. I guess the easiest genre that would fit in this category is horror, so I'm only going to use one film from that genre to make things interesting. If done right, films set in one location, along with it taking place in one day, can really be interesting and intense. Two films that I left out that I highly suggest are Funny Games (2007) and The Celebration (1998), so check those out too!







Murder by Death (1976)
My mom suggested I watched this years ago since I loved the film Clue. A parody of Clue, it's a who-done-it film as well as a comedy, all taking place in a spooky mansion. 

Reservoir Dogs (1992)
Though loved by many, I think this film is an underrated film by Tarantino. Set in a warehouse, the story is told in non-chronical order of how the gang got to where they are. This film is a great start of Tarantino's career.

You're Next (2011)
Why does nobody talk about this film anymore?!?!? Contemporary horror films suck and though You're Next didn't do anything too crazy, this is a fun film I suggest to anyone who is tired of horror films these days. 


7 comments:

  1. Reservoir Dogs is an excellent film. I haven't seen the other two, though I always meant to see You're Next. It looked creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly suggest the next horror film you see is You're Next!

      Delete
  2. OMG! I love Murder By Death and didn't think of it! I love how we see images of Bogie, Columbo, Nick & Nora Charles and even Truman Capote! I haven't seen the other. 2 films but do want to see Reservoir Dogs. I'm not sure about the last one since I am a real scaredy cat when it comes to horror. I can easily have nightmares

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murder By Death is great! Definitely watch Reservoir Dogs, but maybe not You're Next because though it's a fun film, it is a bit scary.

      Delete
  3. I've only seen Reservoir Dogs, but your other picks sound great. Glad to find this blog as well! Looking forward to following your posts from here on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kevin, that is very nice of you to say!

      Delete
  4. You're Next is great, but I do remember it had a second location: the neighbours cabin which we get to see at least twice I think.

    ReplyDelete